Thursday 9 June 2011

Vintage in Brussels: PIÈCE UNIQUE

Place Brugmann and the surroundings are in my favourite quartier in  Brussels:  not only works here my hairdresser David but there is also a most interesting Vintage shop, very nearby actually.

"Pièce Unique"  - always an Aladins Cave for finding something which has only been waiting for you apparently.
 Last time I was there and found a whole bunch of Issey Miyake clothes, in very good condition - told some girls and off they went to have a look!
I myself have been circling a very classic and sober black Tods bag, but it was gone, when I came back to have another look. The more you look around, the more you find... and even in not so small sizes!! SO..

The shop belongs to a very quirky french lady - called by her friends "N.G." and a self confessed fashion victim ( this means, the ideal background for the enterprise!) - she is french, through and through, has been for a long time in the Antiques Bussiness  and has opened her premises in Brussels only in January 2010 - and the thing is taking flight now more and more.

We always have a good talk, be it over the question, whether people buy or not used shoes; about sizes, which are often a problem in the Vintage Market, or the Chanel vest, which I dream of and am still looking for. On the racks there is Chanel, Lanvin, Hermès ( not only foulards..) Mugler ( great black jacket!), Inès de la Fressange, Balenciaga ( alas, small sizes) and many more.There are also very  nice bags - one I am still keeping an eye on, but will not tell you which. Actually, I hasten to say, that you can bubble of here in perfect english - la Polyglotte Parfaite!


One of the very exclusive treats you find here is a collection of the jewellery made by Philippe Ferandis - there are shops in Paris, but here in Brussels it is the only place to my knowledge, where you can find those breathtakingly beautiful and unusual fashion jewelleries - I just love them. They are interesting, very well made and a real showstopper - just put on a little with dress, or if you prefer the black one, hang one of these marvellous colliers around your neck and be ready to face the world. Great!

N.G. told me, that she will start this weekend most probably with the "pre-Sales" - so if you are around, just pop in and have a look. I certainly will do... walking like a cat around the milkpot around the mentioned bag...

"Pièce Unique"
Vintage Accessoires de Mode, Créateurs, Couturiers, Bijoux
Rue Franz Merjay 167/169
1050 Brussels
Tel. 02 347 48 96

1 comment: