Saturday 18 February 2012

One year of The Red Handbag!

Dear all,
I have neglected you terribly, I know.
But there are times in our lives, where we cannot make all wheels spin and turn at the same time. We have to choose and the fleeting time does not always allow to do all we would love to do.

And now, yesterday, if I am right, this blog has had his first birthday. One year already!!!
All began with a flood of postings loads of things which wanted to be shared and thought about.  But then the last months have been rather dry: My scanner broke, the copie machine does not work and the photoapparatus had, when I needed it - no battery. In the evening, I just wanted to fall asleep and during the day, my job keeps me on my toes continuously.  Does this mean something? Perhaps the recognition of priorities indeed. And the knowledge that to be creative, you need the inner freedom and also a certain room in your mind.

Those priorities for the moment are my children and my job - I live in a Bermuda Triangle between Job-Children-Supermarket - literally. Therefore not really much inspiration to be shared with you about "some of my favourite things" - interior decoration, the good life, friendship and most important of all, Beauty. For me, the older I get, beauty in all its different shapes and possibilities is the main force of keep life vibrant and interesting - and I talk about the blue of the sky, the beauty of a child looking at you, the smile on a statue, singing of a Bach kantata, learning new things and the beauty of communication between all human beings of good intentions.
 Beauty is everywhere for us to pick up, for free. Don't forget this....

I go once in a while on the blog and see with tremendous astonishment, that you keep coming back to have a look into these scramblings - which makes me very happy and determined to continue the adventure if time and soul allows so:  I adore to write and it made me much more aware about the things I care.  And why not??

Remember my motto:
The cherry tree does not bloom because, but in spite of.

No comments:

Post a Comment