Sunday 27 February 2011

Munich, Bavaria

Last week I was in Munich - my hometown. I just love it and get homesick each time I am there. The weather was very cold, but sunny with a blue sky - people were sitting with their sunglasses and warm blankets in the cafés in the streets and having their espressi, watching other people walking by. It was calm and peaceful, wonderful. I had the children with me, so we did not much shopping, but I can tell you, that our most beloved shoe shop, "Eduard Meier", has opened a much bigger space in the Brienner Strasse - with at least 150 squaremeters of new show rooms. Unfortunately I could not check out, if the most interesting part of this enterprise, the "Sales Section" for those Emma Hopes etc. are now located in the old premises in the Residenzstrasse. Does somebody know about that?

I had a quick look into the every time more fascinating Music Department of "Beck am Rathauseck" - if you are in Munich and want to look into some music, do go there!! And then have "The Stroll" through the basement beauty area - always worth the hour to spend there. Besides Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier, the lovely Amouage Perfumes, all of MAC and Aveda, you find niche perfumes and all sorts of lovely stuff one does not need but want. And sales people are nice and helpful, really!

I parked the children at Hugendubel, the big book shop in Theatiner Strasse, genially located for all sorts of expeditions, where we met up after my short dash to the "Windsor"store - a label I love and which does fit me well. Found the most amazing green summer jacket!!
Coming back to Hugendubel, a man was snoring happily away in the reading area, surrounded by discreet clients, reading their books and looking amused over the rhims of their spectacles to each other. Blessed Munich!!!

Friends in Munich, do please keep us up to date....

No comments:

Post a Comment