Wednesday 13 April 2011

My favourite Hairdresser in Brussels

 I am a kind person: I will share with you the address of my favourite hairdresser in Brussels - finally, after much running and looking (and trying!!!) around, I have found the place... With my difficult hair ( no, no laughs, please) it is a eternal quest to find the person who understands my dilemma - having a lot of hair and a quite clear understanding what I want and what I do not want! Seems easy, but is not easy at all...

Here you see David, the owner and one-man-show in his salon in the most beautiful part of Brussels: the Quartier Brugmann. I found him and his premises by accident, as always. I had an hour on my hand and a terrible need to get my hair done - and I had noticed the facade already several times, passing by: my kind of "Salon"! No loud music, not funky people, no overcrowded population of badly dressed and even worse coiffed women, but a stylish, elegant and kind sort of place. I was lucky and there was a gap right for me, off I went, was most happy with the result and decided to come back for a cut ... And I loved it!

Finally a person who had no need to cut all my hair away, but told me to let it grow  - wow!

I went back for some time now and will stay a follower, this is sure...
And, as it happened often enough, I get a horrible haircut (like the one I got some weeks ago at another wellmeaning place and overactive hairdresser) somewhere else,  I always rush, with ashes on my head, back to Caryss and leave after an hour of nice conversation and a good cut again as ME.

Lovely!! Mille merci, David!!

Here is the address:

"CARYSS"
Rue Franz Merjay 161 ( right around the corner of Place Brugmann) 1050 Bruxelles
Telefone: 02 375 55 02.

As David works alone, it is absolutely necessary to book well in advance!!!

5 comments:

  1. hi! thanx for the info! I was looking for a good hairdresser in Brussels and I cannot really believe any other review I have seen online other than yours ;) Nice blog btw! What about the prices?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prices are very reasonable - not too expensive, but not cheap as well. As always: you have to pay for the quality you get. There are no free lunches out there...
    Would love to have your feedback.
    Thanky you,
    Jola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jola,
    My daughter found your blog a good month ago whilst looking for a hairdresser for me. I had my first appointment yesterday. There is only one way that I can describe the experience: I am utterly, totally pleased! He and the salon were exactly as you had described. Professional, very friendly and welcoming. I am obviously100% satisfied with the result and will definitely strongly recommend this fabulous person. Without your blog I would never have found this place. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for this great proposal. Could you say something about the pricing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I'm different from other girls, but for me going to the hairdresser is not a fun activity at all, since I can't think of any time that I went back home from the hairdresser and was pleased (if not crying!!), no matter how good or popular they are..so now I really need a new haircut and was looking desperately for any recommendation and I read this post and I also noticed after searching on the internet for a while that everyone who has been to Caryss was so happy and satisfied ..The post and the reviews are giving me hope again!!
    I am looking forward to going there..I'll let you know about the result.
    Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete