Tuesday 19 April 2011

Sophie D´Hoore - a new find!

I was just in Paris and the obligatory strawl in the beloved "Bon Marché" was on the programm. We did not look for something special, just browsing and inhaling style here and there and felt like the world was at our feet - the sheer choice of wonderful and beautiful clothes, shoes, hats, in short all sorts of things is again and again a true pleasure.

 But then something caught my eye: Clean and nice clothes, great colours, easy cuts and a simple but very effective chic. I was particularly attracted by this dress, which is not very well fotographed here, but is simply divine in its cut and popeline material. I tried it on and it looked like I stepped out of a film with Ingrid Bergmann, going out to meet Gary Grant for lunch in the garden of Palais Royal..

Susanne went also to have a look and she, being her, found also the most marvelous pieces - a little blue pullover made of such a good quality, that you were just grasping your breath. La gamine parisienne par excellence! We both - looking quite different in our morphologie, I have to admit - were happy trying and looking and commentating and feeling wonderful.  I tell you, that I even did NOT have to try on the biggest size - I fit snuggly into a perfectly normal dress here - finally great and modern and timeless clothes for all womankind! So, it IS possible after all... congratulations, Sophie!

This is one of the moments, where you wish to be a millionaire and just be able to buy those wonderful little pieces, which make you feel a chic and happy woman, living her life of everyday and feeling well in it. It is not cheap, but the quality, cut and beauty of the garmets should give us a quiet conscience: to be used for ever, no fashion fad. Good investment.

The lovely sales lady brought one thing after the other, one more beautiful than the last. And then we learn, that Sophie D´Hoore is in Belgium, in Brussels! Oh wonder!

I just googled her address and will get there to have a look and perhaps even talk to her. Can´t wait! The website does not say much, unfortunately - only the adress. But I will explore and let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment