Thursday 17 March 2011

Re-entering the labour market

I never thought is so difficult to get a job.

For quite a while now I have been trying to find a job as a secretary - as to start saving up for this much conveted sherry brown Birkin Handbag, I do admit it - and I am too old or do not have the requested secretarial skills, only because I did loads of that work without being paid. Is this not curious? One asks oneself, if having stayed at home, bringing up children and moving through different countries as a "spouse" has not given enough of an own point of view...? Apparently this does not count. Mystery.

But this is apparently the law of the market - there is enough offer out there, even if the organistional skills are various, the languages as well and the brain works pretty good still. Youth over experience!!!Fair enough..

Well, I will go on and try to find a place at the sun, where a pension plan and some nice health insurance would be on offer - preferably with a nice and clever boss, who likes to delegate. I know, dream on. And go on trying!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck dear Jola on that job hunt, and I do wish you find a boss who actually delegates - that's a very rare species :-)

    ReplyDelete